summer is coming to an end so I thought I should do this tag before it officially ended! I’m not going to lie, I am not going to miss summer. I can’t wait for it be fall/autumn already!
For the month of September, I have collaborated with one of my faves aka @twirlingpages on Instagram to create a September Book Photo Challenge! I will be explaining what each daily challenge means in this blog post and I will include a few examples to clarify a few of the prompts. If you plan on participating or if you have any questions, please let me know!
- september tbr – books you’re planning to read throughout september
- red books – post a photo of red books
- large books – post a photo of large books (ex:// harry potter and the order of the phoenix, lady midnight, etc)
- #shelfiesunday – post a photo of a bookcase/bookshelves (example: 1, 2)
- popular books you haven’t read yet – post a photo of a book that EVERYONE has read, but you have not (ex:// harry potter series, throne of glass series, the raven cycle series, the hunger games series, etc)
- #currentlyreading – what are you currently reading? post a photo of it!
- book mail or latest book purchase – just received a book in the mail? post a photo of it! if you didn’t post a photo of a book you recently purchased
- book(s) that got you into reading – what book got you into reading? post a photo of it!
- books + stuffed animal– post a photo of a book + a stuffed animal (example: 1, 2)
- character you want to swap lives with – which book character would you want to swap lives with? post a photo of that book!🙂
- red/white/blue books – it’s the fifteenth anniversary of 9/11 this year and we can never forget what happened so in honor of 9/11, post a photo of red, white + blue books
- book about video games – in honor of nation video game day, post a photo of a book that has to do with video games or mentions video games. if you can’t find a book that talks about video games then post a photo of a book + video games!
- inspirational book – it’s positive thinking day so post a photo of an inspirational book🙂
- book with food on the cover – post a photo of a book with food on the cover (ex:// love and gelato, the unexpected everything, etc)
- book + hat – it’s make a hat day! instead of making a hat, take a photo of a book and a hat or a book with a hat on the cover
- fun books – post a photo of a book that was fun to read
- green books – post a photo of green books
- favorite female friendships – it’s nation women friendship day so who is your favorite female friendships from a book? or maybe even a favorite author female friendship!
- pirate themed books – happy international talk like a pirate day! post a photo of a book that has pirates in it (ex:// unhooked, passenger, etc)
- book + drink – post a photo of a book + a beverage (example: 1, 2)
- book that makes you feel relaxed – post a photo of a book that made you feel calm and relaxed
- autumn colored books – i am so excited about this one!! post a photo of autumn colored books aka browns, oranges, greens, yellows!!
- book with native american character(s) – it’s native american day! post a photo of a book with native american character(s) in it!
- book + sweets – post a photo + anything sweet aka candy, ice cream, drinks, etc.
- favorite graphic novels or comics – post a photo of your favorite graphic novels or comics! don’t have one? post a photo of a book with photos in it🙂
- book + nature – take a step outside, enjoy the autumn air, take a photo of a book and nature!
- book set in a foreign country – post a photo of a book that is set in a country that you’re not from/in
- book + fun question in the caption – post a photo of any book you would like but have some fun in your caption and ask your followers a fun question!
- september book haul – books you acquired throughout the month of september
- september wrap up – books you read throughout the month of september
have fun and don’t forget to use the tag #fallthebooks if participate in this challenge!🙂
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Synopsis: Andie had it all planned out.
When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future.
Important internship? Check.
Amazing friends? Check.
Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks).
But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life.
Because here’s the thing—if everything’s planned out, you can never find the unexpected.
And where’s the fun in that? (source)
The Unexpected Everything is a fantastic book! I had high expectations going into TUE because Morgan Matson is one of my all time favorite authors and this book did not disappoint🙂
The first 100 pages or so are a bit “meh” but everything after that just gets better and better. The whole middle of the book made me smile😀
I love the family aspects in this book. Andie’s father was one of my least favorite characters in the beginning but started to grow on me. Seeing their relationship grow made me really happy.
The characters in TUE were likable, especially Clark😉 Andie did irritate me in the beginning of the book but she started to get less annoying throughout the book. I think Clark made her less annoying, thank goodness. Clark, oh Clark. He is just so cute. Clark is probably 75% of the reason why this book made me so happy. Andie’s other friends, Toby, Palmer, Bri, Tom, and Wyatt were all alright. Of all those friends, Tom is my favoirte. Toby and Bri started to get on my nerves near the end of the book but they were tolerable.
My favorite parts of TUE was when there were references to Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson, which is one of my favorite books ever.
The ending of TUE was very cute. I enjoyed it a lot🙂
So it’s the middle of the year (not really) and I thought I would put together a list of my favorite books that I have read so far in 2016!🙂
Genre: New Adult
Release Date: August 2, 2016
Synopsis:Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up. She graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.
Ryle is assertive, stubborn, and maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant and has a total soft spot for Lily; and the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head, but Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his no dating rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.
As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan, her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.
With this bold and deeply personal novel Colleen Hoover delivers a heart-wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. Combining a captivating romance with a cast of all too human characters, “It Ends with Us” is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price. (source)
(I received and ARC of It Ends With Us in exchange for an honest review)
It Ends With Us was almost the end of me.
Colleen Hoover did it again with another life ruining book. I have read a handful of books by Colleen Hoover so I thought that I knew exactly what was going to happen in this book, but boy, was I wrong. There are so many plot twists that just made my jaw drop and my heart hurt.
I don’t know what else to say about It Ends With Us without spoiling anything so, all I’m going to say is I HIGHLY recommend reading this book because I REALLY enjoyed it. I don’t think I could even talk about the characters without spoiling anything. Overall, the book was kind of weird in the beginning, but after 150 pages, everything just happens so quickly and I could not put the book down.
Now let’s get to my favorite part of writing reviews, aka the spoilers!!
WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD. PLEASE DON’T READ THIS PART OF THE REVIEW UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED THE BOOK.
For the month of August, I have collaborated with one of my faves aka @twirlingpages on Instagram to create a August Book Photo Challenge! I will be explaining what each daily challenge means in this blog post and I will include a few examples to clarify a few of the prompts. If you plan on participating or if you have any questions, please let me know!
- august tbr – books you’re planning to read throughout august
- romance novels – post a photo of romance novels that are your faves or maybe just romance novels in general
- pink + green books – since it’s national watermelon day, it only makes sense to post a photo of pink + green books
- fave bookish squad – this one might be kind of difficult to explain, but squad = group of friends (ie. the unexpected everything, the mortal instruments, harry potter series, etc.)
- book + sports – either a book that has to do with sports/has sports involved or books + a sport you play
- minimalistic cover – a cover that does not have too much going on (example: 1, 2)
- favorite bookish friendship – this one is similar to bookish squad except this one is basically just two people rather than a whole group of friends (ie. tris + christina, gus + isaac, etc)
- books that made you smile – a book that made you happy/smile🙂
- all time fave books – it’s book lovers day so post a photo of your all time favorite books
- laid back book(s) – a book that was easy to read, didn’t cause too much emotional damage
- book related to politics – rather than explain this one, I’ll just give a few examples: the unexpected everything, the hunger games, divergent series, etc.
- favorite bookish siblings – example would be the weasley siblings, cath + wren from fangirl, laura jean + kitty from tatbilb, etc.
- book stack – stack a bunch of books on top of each other and take a photo + post it to instagram! (example: 1, 2)
- book + unique facts about you – post a photo of any book that you would like and in the caption, state a few unique facts about yourself!
- peach colored books – i know it’s pretty difficult to find a “peach” colored book so orange will do for this day!
- fave author collab – sometimes two authors are better than one, post a photo of your favorite author collaboration for a book (ie. my true love gave to me, you know me well, never never, burn for burn series, etc)
- fave place to relax – is it by the beach? is it in your bed? is it on your sofa/couch? hammock? etc. post a photo of it!
- used books – i personally think that used books are underrated, but there is also a part of me who loves new books that have not been touched by others. anyways, post a photo of your used books!
- poetry books – this one might be difficult because I feel like poetry is a hit or miss and probably not many people own poetry books, but if you do (ie. milk and honey) post a photo of it! if you don’t have a whole book dedicated to poetry, post a photo of a book that has a poem in it
- funny books – post a photo of a book that made you laugh!😀
- book + music – this one is my fave! post a photo of a book + music (cd album, iPod, etc). example: 1, 2
- book about innocence – maybe someone lost their innocence for a bad boy or something similar to that.
- fave female character – who is your favorite female character/heroine?
- book + stationary – book + notebooks or pens or highlighters or sticky notes, etc. (example: 1, 2)
- white spines – books with white spines are my fave because it looks so classy and clean. here are a few examples: 1
- under-hyped books – books that you love but don’t get enough attention
- currently reading – what book are you currently reading? post a photo of it!
- feel good books – books that make you feel great and happy
- impulse buy books – books that you bought on a whim/weren’t planning on buying
- august book haul – books you acquired throughout the month of august
- august wrap up – books you read throughout the month of august
have fun and don’t forget to use the tag #augustofpages if participate in this challenge!🙂
hello friends! it has been awhile, but I just wanted to quickly drop by to update you all on some things that have been happening!
For the month of July, I have collaborated with @myriadinklings on Instagram to create a July Book Photo Challenge! Below is an explanation of what each daily challenge/prompt means and there are also a few examples to clarify a few of the prompts. If you plan on participating or if you have any questions, please let me know!
also, thank you, @myriadinklings for putting this post together🙂
- TBR: Post a picture of your July TBR (to be read) stack.
- Books That Are Out of This World (UFO Day): Books that are so amazing they seem to be out of this world
- Favorite contemporaries: Some favorite books from the contemporary genre
- Red White & Blue (July 4th): Post a photo of some red, white and blue books.
- Beach Reads: What are some books you would take on a beach trip?
- Favorite Villains: Who are some of your favorite book villains?
- Books That Melt Your Heart: Some books that make the feels so real.
- #currentlyreading : Photo of the book(s) you are reading
- Series You Want To Read This Summer: What is a book series you want to read this summer?
- Book + Stuff Animal (Teddy Bear Day): Photo of books and some cuddly friends
- Diverse Books (World population day): Diverse books may include topics like psychological disorders, LGBTQ relationships, diverse ethnicities/cultures
- Road Trip Books: Books that make you want to go on a road trip or would take with you on a road trip
- Books + Glasses (Geek Day): books and a pair of glasses (sunglasses if you don’t own real glasses!!)
- #BookishHeart: Use your books to form a heart. Examples: 1, 2
- Bare Hardcovers: Take that jacket off those hardcovers for some pictures. Ex: 1, 2
- Favorite Authors: Time to feature some of your favorite authors!
- #ShelfieSunday: Clean up that shelf and snap a photo
- Books + Flowers: Take some photos of some books and flowers (real or fake). Ex: 1,2
- #bookishchevron: Chevrons look kinda like >>>>. Examples work better for this one. Ex: 1, 2
- #bookishcursive: a tag made by yours truly, feature some books with cursive fonts. Ex: 1, 2
- Pastel Books: some pastel covers, spines etc. Ex: 1, 2
- Favorite Book World: Feature some of your favorite bookish world, this can range from anything like Hogwarts, to the Earthern Union from The Lunar Chronicles
- Book + Tea: Share a photo of a book or books with some tea
- Sock Sunday: A bookstagram cult favorite every Sunday. Share a photo of books + a pair of cute socks!
- #seaofbooks: A pile of books scattered everywhere. Ex: 1, 2
- Summer 2016 Faves: Show us some of your favorite reads from this summer so far!
- Pink Books: let’s just all be Jen for a moment and make bookstagram pink for a day.
- Book + Music: Show us some of your reads + tunes. Music can be in the form of your phone, CD, etc.
- #infinitepages: A pile of opened books. Ex: 1, 2
- Haul: How much damage did you do in July? Post a photo of all the books you bought/received in July.
- Wrap Up: Take a photo of all the books you read in July